- Comfort and Care to Cancer Patients and their Families
- Peer Support Groups
- Translation Services
- Transportation Assistance
- Educational Trainings and Seminars
- Library of Resources
- e-Care (Electronic Communications)
- Professional Advice
- Fun, Social Activities
- Cancer Care Training Workshop - JoyLife Club provides knowledge, skills, and techniques for caring persons to support Chinese cancer patients. The intent of the cancer care training is to equip caring persons to better support their relatives or friends who are battling cancer. The 8 to 10-hour training workshop includes several modules, such as cancer 101, understanding the challenges and worries of Chinese cancer patients, listening and communication skills, proper techniques of visitation, and how to provide emotional and spiritual support. Training workshops are conducted in Mandarin or Cantonese and are scheduled at various locations. A fee is charged to cover materials. Click here for upcoming events including training workshops.
- Support to churches - If your church is interested in establishing a cancer care ministry for the cancer patients in the community, you are welcome to contact us.
- Oncologist – Dr. M.W. Wu
- Pharmacist – Ronald Ki
- Family Therapist – Vicky Chan
- Acupuncturist and Herbalist – Merissa Tsang
- Lawyer and Former Mayor – Janet Fogarty